- “Events” means conferences, festivals, or other events (including virtual events and webinars) organized by us.
- “Services” means our Websites and mobile applications that make available all digital media, publications, our Events, and our surveys, contests and sweepstakes.
- “Suppliers” means suppliers of products and services that help us make the Services available for you, such as web hosting, advertising technology, data analytics and forensics, virtual event hosting, marketing and information security.
- “Websites” means thefurandleathercentre.com and its related branded web pages including rosendorfevansfurs.com, koslowsfurs.com, evansfursandleathers.com, and fursbygartenhaus.com.
- “User” means any individual who accesses and uses the Services.
Information We Collect
We collect information about you in various ways and from various sources. For example, you may provide personal information directly to us, we may receive personal information about you from someone else, we may collect certain information about you automatically through your use of the Services, or we may obtain information about you from third parties who are acting on our behalf. The personal information that We collect through the Services depends on how the Services are used:
- If you create an account, We collect your name, email address and also may collect business name and title, postal address and other information requested or required to create the account.
- If you use an ad blocker (such as AdBlock Plus), we may require you to register or whitelist the relevant Website in order to gain access to our content, subject to the privacy rights described in the YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION section below.
- If you register for an Event, We collect your name, business name and title, email address, postal address and other information that you are required or choose to provide to complete the registration or use the software through which we host a virtual event.
- If you request customer support, the information that We collect depends on your support request but typically includes your name, telephone number, email address and other information that you provide so that we can troubleshoot.
- When you connect with us through a social media platform, we may, depending on your privacy settings, collect information associated with your social media account.
When you use the Services, we automatically collect information about how you access the Services and which Service you use through cookies and other data collection tools. Depending on your privacy and operating system settings, automatically-collected information includes: Internet Protocol (IP) address; MAC address; the make, model and operating system version of the computer or mobile device (“Device”) you use to access the Services; browser type and language; country and time zone in which the Device is located; mobile network information; internet service provider; and metadata stored on the Device. Some of this automatically-collected information is personal information
Information We Collect Automatically
We, our partners, advertisers, advertising networks or other third party service providers, as explained further in our Cookies Policy, may also automatically collect certain information when you visit our web pages, open our emails, use our applications, or otherwise use the Services. Such automatically collected information may include:
- The type of browser and operating system you are using.
- Your IP address or mobile device identifier.
- The domain name of your internet service provider.
- The date and time of a visit, information about the content you view and the features you access, the number of links you click within the website or applications, as well as your activity and behavior on our websites or applications.
- Location-based information regarding the state or country from which you accessed our Services.
- Information regarding the advertisements you have interacted with, viewed, or accessed, such as the number of times you view an advertisement.
This data may be combined and linked with data from other sources.
Information You Provide To Us
When you use the Services, you may, among other activities, order publications and products; subscribe to FLC Newsletters; apply to attend or register for an Event; register to create an online account; subscribe for access to digital and other content; or post comments and other user-generated content. The information that you provide to us and that we collect or receive depends on your relationship with us and your interaction with the Services, but may include personal information such as your name, email address, year of birth, address, job title, or telephone number. In addition, you may be asked to provide us or one of our third party providers with payment information, such as your credit card or debit card number, where needed, such as when completing a purchase. We may also collect information about your personal or professional interests, your organization or industry and your use of, or opinions about, various products, programs and services.
- Provide the products and services you request, process transactions, and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts.
- Provide support and improve the Services and to manage system administration and security.
- Respond to your requests, inquiries, comments, and provide customer support.
- Link or combine information that we collect directly with information from third-party sources or multiple devices to help understand your needs, provide you with personalized content, and provide you with better service.
- Personalize and improve your experience and deliver content or features that match your profile and interests, including to show you targeted advertising as described in Tracking Technologies and Advertising and Analytics Services or to deliver personalized content.
- Send you marketing and promotional communications (in accordance with your marketing preferences).
- Send you e-mail newsletters and alerts (in accordance with your newsletter and other preferences).
- Perform statistical and marketing analyses of user behavior.
- Send you push notifications via our apps or text (SMS) alerts.
- Administer focus groups and surveys.
- Ensure that our advertising is properly displayed on the Services and other websites.
- Identify advertising that we think may interest you.
- Track advertising tailored to your interests on the Services and other websites.
- Comply with or enforce legal requirements, agreements, and policies.
- Evaluate candidate submissions for job postings.
- Identify and repair bugs in the Services
- If you log in with or connect a social media service account with a Service by The FLC, we may use this data to facilitate your sharing of information between FLC Service(s) and your social media service. This includes using Facebook or another service to comment on thefurandleathercentre.com or an affiliated site.
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
How We Share the Information We Collect
We may share your information with our Suppliers, and/or Service Providers on which we rely to assist us in providing the Services to you. These third parties use your information as is necessary or appropriate for the performance of the services they provide to us, or as otherwise contractually permitted. Our Suppliers help us to operate and improve the Services. Our Suppliers support technical processing operations, such as data hosting and maintenance, virtual event hosting, analytics, customer care, securing our data and systems, marketing and detecting and preventing spam and intellectual property infringement.
We will disclose information we collect about you when required to do so by law. Applicable law may require FLC to disclose your personal information when we believe necessary to (i) comply with a legal process, such as a court order, subpoena or search warrant, government investigation or other legal requirement, (ii) help prevent or detect crime and (iii) respond to lawful requests from law enforcement and government regulators. We also share information: (i) if we believe that disclosure would mitigate our liability in an actual or threatened lawsuit; (ii) as necessary to protect our legal rights and legal rights of our Users or other interested parties; (iii) to enforce our agreements with you; and (iv) to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing.
Advertising and Analytics Services
We and our third party partners may use Tracking Technologies, such as cookies, pixels, and web beacons and collect and store information about you when you use or interact with our Services, marketing communications, advertising content and/or third party websites, in order to provide you with targeted advertising based on your browsing activities and interests. These third parties automatically receive your IP address or mobile device identifier when you access the Services or third party websites. They may also use Tracking Technologies to measure the effectiveness of advertisements, to personalize the advertising content, and to serve you advertisements that are relevant to your regional location. We may also use information collected using third party cookies and beacons on the Services and in our emails to deliver advertising about our Services when you visit third party websites.
When you access the Services, our third-party vendors, including Google, use third-party cookies (such as the Google DoubleClick cookie) to serve you ads based on your previous visit to our website and other websites.
We and our third party service providers also use Tracking Technologies that recognize and collect usage information and information about the devices you use to connect with our Services and third party websites. When these tools are enabled, the data that We and our third-party service providers collect about these devices is used to enable delivery of product recommendations, advertising, or other promotional materials across your devices that are more relevant information to you, or to measure the effectiveness of our Services and advertising. They automatically receive your IP address or mobile device identifier when you connect to the Services or third party websites. This data may be combined with the same information from another browser or device if you use multiple browsers or devices. You may opt-out of this type of tracking/information collection. This opt-out applies to the specific device/browser combination on which you are browsing, so you will need to opt-out on each device and browser separately.
Collection of Information by Third Parties
We sometimes may offer conferences, contests, sweepstakes, promotions, editorial features, or other activities or offerings that are sponsored, co-branded or co-sponsored by or presented with identified third parties. If you, or your company or organization, choose to participate in such activities or offerings, your IP address and the personal information that you voluntarily submit or that other people submit about you may be provided to FLC, our affiliates and such third parties. FLC has no control over such third parties’ use of your information.
FLC respects the privacy of your child and we want to share with you our policies regarding children under the age of thirteen (13). Although Users of all ages may navigate through the Services, we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under age thirteen (13). If we learn that a child under age thirteen (13) has improperly provided us with information, we will notify the child’s parent or legal guardian and thereafter delete the child’s personal information from our records.
Retention of Personal Information
We will retain your personal information while you have an account with us and thereafter for purposes not prohibited by applicable laws. Thereafter, we will either delete your personal information or de-identify it so that it is anonymous and not attributed to your identity.
Our Commitment to Security
To help protect the privacy of your own information, including maintaining the confidentiality of any account information or access credentials, we recommend you take precautions to protect the security of any personal information that you transmit over any public or untrusted network by using encryption and other techniques to prevent unauthorized persons from intercepting or receiving any of your personally identifiable information. You are responsible for the security of your information when using unencrypted, open access, public or otherwise unsecured networks.
Right of Access
You may access, correct, or update the information you have provided to us. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the data we collect is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete, and up to date. You can update your account information by logging into your online account and updating your contact and profile information. You can view, change or update your editorial newsletter preferences, and email marketing preferences by contacting email@example.com. You may also contact us at any time by using the contact details provided in the Contact Us section below.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 – A Notice to California Users
If you are a California resident, you may opt-out of FLC’s disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Any California resident may choose to opt-out of the sharing of such personal information with third parties for marketing purposes at any time by submitting a Do Not Sell My Personal Information request or call (314) 820-0535. We will match the identifying information you provide to us to the personal information we have about you and verify your identity through our existing records.
How to Contact Us
For United States and other Non-EEA residents:
The Fur and Leather Centre: Attn
7901 Clayton Rd
Clayton, MO 63105